Fountaintown Volunteer Fire Department was started in 1957 with the help of the County Trustees of Brandywine Township in Hancock County and Van Buren and Moral Townships in Shelby County. several members of the department purchased the first fire truck by signing their names to a loan.
The station was built on U.S. 52 in Fountaintown on land donated by the J. Harvey Snider family. The department started with approximately 21 members. It has thrived through the years with community interest, support and donations.
On April 3, 1974 the original station was destroyed by a tornado. The exisiting building was built, with a dedication ceremony being held on April 20, 1975. The current station houses 6 pieces of fire equipment, a kitchen, an office and a meeting room.